Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Christian Bale: "do you want me to FUCKING TRASH YOUR LIGHTS?"

GRAAAH! At a director of photography (DP) on the set of Terminator 4 for moving around and adjusting lights during takes. Apparently this is a huge no-no in Set Etiquette 101, so it's particularly egregious during a big-budget Hollywood production. I'm not passing judgment on Bale either way (disclosure: I'm a huge fan of him as an actor), but I also hear that shooting films, especially large ones like this, can be very very stressful, too, and the occasional outburst is not unusual.

What most interests me is the way Bale shifts seemingly randomly back and forth between the All-American John Connor accent to his native British English. I've read that in interviews and public appearances leading up to the release of Batman Begins, Bale kept the American accent so as to keep the Bruce Wayne image consistent, and I know he takes acting and accents very seriously in general. I wonder what exactly was going through the accent-managing part of his brain at this moment. Funny that it would be a Terminator movie, as I'm reminded of the frantic shapeshifting of the dying T-1000 from Judgment Day.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. The DP must feel like a total idiot.

    ReplyDelete